Position: NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota Campus Organizer for the 2021-22 School Year
Stipend: $500/semester split amongst the number of organizers
Status: Internship (8-10 hours per month)
Application Deadline: April 2nd, 2021
Organization: NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota (an affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America) is dedicated to building and sustaining a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee reproductive freedom for all women, including family planning, sexuality education, maternal health care, and safe, legal abortion. NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota is a grass-roots 501(c)(4) lobbying organization. Two additional affiliated organizations help advance the NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota mission. The NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota Foundation conducts public education and research intended to increase public awareness of relevant reproductive health care issues. The NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota Election Fund is the political action committee that conducts direct electoral work with and for pro-choice candidates.
Position: Campus organizers are responsible for developing and sustaining a pro-choice presence on their college campus. Campus organizers will work throughout the year using a variety of tactics to educate and activate students about reproductive rights.
Campus organizers will be responsible for the following during their internship:
● Implement campus educational campaigns on reproductive health resources, as well as organizations that seek to mislead the public about their reproductive health care options
● Host pro-choice events on campus centered around abortion access, Fake Women’s Health Center awareness, and civic engagement
● Volunteer recruitment
● Participate in Fall and Spring trainings and monthly check-ins with other NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota campus organizers
Qualified applicants will:
● Support the mission of NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota
● Express a willingness to engage with fellow students about reproductive rights
● Possess strong oral and written communications skills
● Commit to the internship until the end of the academic year
If interested, please send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity and Anti-Racism Statement
NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunity on the basis of merit within the context of its unique business environment, and without regard to race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation/preference, disability, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other class protected by State, Federal, or Local Laws.
NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota recognizes that in a society, culture, and country stepped in white supremacy, it is not enough to be “not-racist.” We recognize the necessity of anti-racism in our workplace, legislative and lobbying work, and campus organizing program. NARAL MN commits to building a culture of anti-racism and radical acceptance among our campus organizers, supporting our organizers in creating anti-racist organizations on their campuses, and pushing the broader reproductive freedom movement towards anti-racism through action.